What is ISO 14001 certification?
IVE specialises in helping companies achieve ISO 14001 certification, the internationally accepted standard of excellence in environmental management and improvement.
Applicable to any business, regardless of your size, location or turnover, IVE reviews your current systems and implements an Environmental Management System in line with the standards of the ISO which aims to reduce the environmental footprint of a business and decrease the pollution and waste it produces.
We ensure you can be successfully audited for the ISO 14001 and enable you to:
- identify and control the environmental impact of your activities, products or services
- improve your environmental performance continually
- implement a systematic approach to setting your environmental objectives and targets
- measure and achieve these targets, demonstrating how they have been achieved
Why do we need ISO 14001 certification?
Using IVE to help you achieve ISO 14001 certification can:
- enhance your company reputation – demonstrating legal and regulatory compliance and environmental responsibility
- give you competitive advantage – many organizations and customers will now only consider suppliers who are ISO14001 certified
- increase your share price and investor confidence
- reduce the cost of your waste management
- reduce your public liability insurance costs
- make savings in your consumption of energy and materials
- reduce your distribution costs
- improve your corporate image among regulators, stakeholders, customers and the public
- create a framework for continual improvement
- assure employees that they are working for an environmentally responsible organization.
What do we need to do to achieve ISO 14001 certification?
All you need to achieve ISO 14001 is a willingness to fully comply with applicable environmental legislation and regulations, along with a commitment to continual improvement – IVE will do the rest, putting in place your Environmental Management System which provides the framework for your ISO 14001 certification.
IVE has helped companies to achieve ISO 14001 certification for the most challenging of sites including remote locations and was the first environmental consultancy in the world to assist in achieving ISO14001 certification for a multi site construction phase project.
Bespoke Environmental Management Systems
Your business is unique and IVE will tailor your Environmental Management System to suit your particular organisation. We will study your current practises, then design and install an effective program of improvement in line with the standards of ISO 14001.
Whatever the nature of your business and the whereabouts of your sites, consultant Andy Ive will become one of the team, helping to make you more environmentally efficient and introduce programs to reduce your costs.
With skills gained from over 35 years experience all over the world, from harsh and remote locations as diverse as deserts and ice packs, he will implement an environmental management system to suit local legal compliance and international best practise.
Audits & Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA)
IVE was established in 1993 to offer environmental engineering solutions anywhere in the world.
As a lead auditor of the Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment, IVE undertake environmental audits, assessing systems and sites around the world.
An Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is a study of the possible impact – positive or negative – that your proposed project may have on the environment, considering all the natural, social and economic aspects. The purpose of the assessment is to ensure that you have beforehand all the facts to consider about ensuing environmental impacts in order to decide whether or not you wish to proceed with the project.
IVE also offer simple innovative solutions which can be implemented to improve your proposed project in order to make it more environmentally sound, often including cost saving benefits and more effective waste management systems.
Once we have helped you to attain your ISO14001 certification we offer regular audits to help ensure that your standards are maintained and certification is not withdrawn in the future.