LEADING BY EXAMPLE
Andy Ive – Managing Director
Andy Ive is the driving force of the company. His success in providing innovative solutions is thanks to an unusual combination of skills and experience.
Andy is a fully qualified mechanical, control, safety, and environmental engineer as well as being a chartered environmental manager.
He has over 35 years of wide ranging engineering experience including 15 years as an on site environmental manager. View Linked In profile
View Curriculum Vitae
Andrew Ive MIEMA, BSc, MCIWM, Ch.Env, Tech IOSH Environment/Mechanical-Instrument Engineer
Date of Birth:
5 January 1954
Married – 2 Daughters plus 5 foster children
Fairfield, Burton in Lonsdale, North Yorkshire, LA6 3NA
+44 (0)15242 61124
+44 (0)7801 650962
Engineer fully qualified in Mechanical, Instrument, Environmental and Safety Disciplines. With a degree in Science and technology, my experience includes over 35 years in the oil and gas industry around the world across various disciplines and 18 years in environmental and waste issues at sites around the world.
Environmental equipment specification, purchase, installation, operation and maintenance
Site operation procedures
Auditing (lead auditor)
General environmental procedures
ISO 14001 certification
Site Management for Environmental issues
Fully qualified to input to HAZOP- HAZID & HAZEO’s
Pollution control and bioremediation
Site inventories and general innovative solutions to environmental problems
Professional Experience Resume
This covers 35 years of wide-ranging engineering design, inspection and supervision, including over 34 years on major Oil and Gas projects in the North Sea, UAE, Algeria, Russia, Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Tanzania, Mozambique and Egypt. My career development progressed with increasing responsibility from designer up to senior engineer. Parallel training continued with a post graduate diploma in environmental management and protection, which is applied to onshore and offshore projects in my present employment, followed by a degree in Science & Technology.
I carried out bioremediation projects in Denmark and Algeria for oil pollution while other regular projects include setting up temporary camps including design, purchase, installation and operation periods, EIA and ESIA projects, HSE Audits, technical authorship of the equipment dossiers, water management and risk assessments.
Academic and Professional Attainment
IEMA & IOSH Env Certificate 2007
BSc Science and Technology 2004
NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
OU-Certificate in Natural Sciences 2002
CIEH Environmental Management Certificate 2003
IEMA Lead Auditors Course
HNC Instrumentation. SCOTVEC/COLU 1999/2000
NEBOSH Certificate in Health and Safety 1997
BTEC Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Management and Protection, Lancaster 1996
NVQ4 Information Technology, Lancaster 1996
TEC Electronics Merton College 1984
HNC Mech. Eng. Kingston 1975-76
OND1&ONC2 Mech. Eng. Merton College 1971-1973
C&G Mech. Eng. T1&T2 1970
CIWM – Chartered Waste Manager
IOSH – Technician Member
IEMA – Full Member & Lead Auditor
Chartered Environmentalist SocEnv
Major projects experience:
- Waste Management plans for TAQA Global in Kurdistan
- ISO 14001 co-ordinator for Wintershall in Libya
- Waste Management for projects in Tanzania and Mozambique
- Waste Management for TaqTAq project in Kurdistan
- ISO 14001 co-ordinator for Compass group in Algeria (successfully certified Sept. 2010)
- Environmental Engineer for the Solid waste issues on the Karachaganak Project in Kazakhstan
- Site representative for Environmental and waste issues at 5 Algerian sites on IN-SALAH and IN-AMENAS Projects- ISO 14001 engineering co-ordinator (BP/Sonatrach/Statoil JV Project).
- Site and home office Safety and environmental engineering for IN AMENAS Project Algeria. Also BHP OHANET project work
- Site surveys and assistance in setting up ISO 14001 management system at DAMIETTA project site in Egypt.
- Site and home office Safety and environmental engineering for IN SALAH Project Algeria
- Environmental Engineering for SAKHALIN ISLAND project for Shell
- Design and commissioning engineer for fire system for AL JEILE project in Sudan
- Commissioning Engineer for ANGUS UK Pre-action system panels and valves.
- Engineer for waste, water and transport issues on IN SALAH project for Algeria
- Env Consultant and Mech./Safety/certification Engineer for KHARYAGA project in UK and on rotation in Russia
- Environmental Engineer Danish soil bioremediation UK and Denmark.
- Environmental Engineer for OBAIYED project in Egypt (UK), DHUKAN Project Work
- Environmental Engineer SANGU Project in UK and Bangladesh.
- Senior Instrument Engineer RIJN Field Development in Rotterdam and Offshore.
- Senior Instrument Engineer BRUCE area Development in Glasgow.
- Instrument Engineer BP GYDA Project in Oslo
- Instrument Engineer Norsk Hydro OSEBERG Project in Oslo.
- Instrument Engineer BP ULA Project in London and Oslo.
- Instrument Designer/Inspector Amoco VALHALL A Project in Oslo and Offshore.
- Squad Leader BP ULA Project in Oslo.
- Instrument Draftsman on: MESA, INDE, STATFJORD A, VALHALL A in London, and STATFJORD A in Bergen and Offshore.
February 2014 – current Project work for 2 projects in Kurdistan and
April 2013 ISO certification project for Wintershall in
August 2012 – current Waste management for the offshore bases in
Jan 2012 to August 2012 Waste management for Kurdistan oil and gas project, and waste management in Tanzania and Mozambique.
Dec 2010 to Jan 2012 Career break to look after a disabled child at home.
May 2010 Four companies joined together in the Consol group (Ivedesign, Incinco, Atac and Jarshire), to exhibit and to sell waste and recycling equipment based on shipping container designs for simple plug and play waste, incineration and water systems.
May 2010 to present Karachaganak waste management project; planning the waste collection and recycling operation for oil and gas facilities in the region.
August 2009 to April 2010 El Merk Project in Algeria for ESS (Compass Group); designing waste management system for a 9000 person site. ISO 14001 for ESS in Algeria, Specification, purchase, installation and operation of all equipment.
March 2008 to Dec 2008, and March to August 2009 Environmental Engineer for the Karachaganak Project in Kazakhstan, working on the FEED stage and ongoing operations for hazardous and solid waste issues, including a waste system for 50K people in the nearby town and villages, incorporating landfill, and social enterprise companies.
Feb 2003 to Nov 2007 Environment Engineer for In Amenas Gas gathering System. In Amenas and In Salah project ISO 14001 engineering Co-ordinator. Preparing the environmental management system, purchase and installation of fully working waste management system (processing and landfills), preparing and assisting in obtaining Operations phase ISO 14001 Certification. Other work included design of the waste water system, archaeological protection, contaminated soil bioremediation, training, health and safety management and at heights rescue training. Design and installations of temporary camps, sewage plants, water systems, waste management areas with MRF and incinerator.
Feb 2002 to Feb 2003 Kellogg, Brown & Root – Environmental Engineer, In Salah/In Amenas/Damietta. Completion of previous construction planning, followed by site work to implement full ISO 14001 environmental systems. Also site HSE manager for a period, followed by installing and commissioning waste equipment, and setting up EMS systems.
Oct 2001 to Feb 2002 Parsons Energy & Chemicals – Env. Consultant Engineer. Sakhalin Island 14001 and Environmental consultancy work in London office. EIA detailing in Moscow office.
Oct 1996 to Aug 2001 Brown & Root (Incl. Granhern and Kellogg) – Environmental Consultant & Engineer:
- In Salah Consultant for BP/Sonatrach project in London for design phase of work, both in UK and in Algeria. Work included full specification of waste and water system, and ISO 14001 certification for the project.
- Kharyaga Project (Russia) – Co-ordinating the engineering responses to dossier for start-up certificates for onshore plant. Work in both UK and Russia. Environmental work included input to management plan and system, vendor package approvals and commissioning, trouble shooting, roped access supervisor, head of translations, head of Russian certification and DCC dept.
- Sangu Project (Bangladesh) – Co-ordinating engineering with legislative requirements to ensure environmental compliance. Working with project engineers to ensure petrochemical design optimised best environmental practice for all disciplines. Work involved setting up Environmental Management System procedures in the country, audit and inspection of sites in Bangladesh and Dubai, and laybarge for pipelaying. Environmental training lectures to 50 people. Some commissioning of onshore equipment (fire and gas and chromatograph), and waste management practices.
- Denmark – Work on bioremediating contaminated soil sites using sparge and vacuum systems. Engineering design and engineering implementation of site modifications.
- Work on other oil and gas projects including Dhukan, Obaiyed and Natuna bid. Ongoing bid-work with HSE Group.
- Parallel work on a corporate suggestions scheme with management team.
Dec 1993 – Dec 1995 IVE Design, Ingelton, Yorkshire, UK – Patenting designs and inventions while continuing to gain new qualifications.
Jul 1992 – Dec 1993 Amoco, Rotterdam – Senior Instrument Engineer – Project related work during design, fabrication and offshore inspection and commissioning of 5 offshore platforms. Work included design contractor and vendor liaison, and visits to jack up rigs to co-ordinate interfaces with platforms.
Jan 1991- Jul 1992 Swordline Ltd., Ingleton, UK – Collaborative development with major UK companies, of designs and inventions for offshore industry.
Jan 1990 – Jul 1992 Romania Relief Fund, Ingleton, UK – Co-ordination, planning and implementation of 11 relief trips to Romania. Major projects included the transportation and setting up of a bakery, and rebuilding of local medical centres and orphanages. (Largest trip was 175 people)
Feb 1990- Dec 1990 Brown & Root Vickers, Glasgow, UK, Senior Engineer – Mechanical Package Engineer within the Instrument Group, bid evaluations, and purchase of HVAC system panels, and evaluation of module fabricators.
Apr 1989- Dec 1989 Swordline and ICS Ltd, London, UK, Engineer – Introduction of own design of informative fire warning system to UK Industry.
Jun 1988 – Mar 1989 Brown & Root Ltd, Engineer, Oslo, Norway – BP GYDA Project Engineering input to Drawing Office on loop diagram production from vendor documents.
Nov 1986 – May 1988 Career break circumnavigation of the globe with wife and two small children. Overland to Africa, and on by air to South Africa, Sri Lanka and SE Asia. From there to Australia for 6 months, and back home via New Zealand and America. During the 20 months, four months were spent working as a Dive Instructor on the Barrier Reef and as an electrician in Tahiti.
Jan 1985 – Nov 1986 Brown & Root Ltd, Engineer – Oslo Norsk Hydro-Oseberg Project Inter discipline co-ordinator between office locations and preparation of tender documents, hook up information and DCS Engineering.
Jan 1983 – Dec 1984 Squad/Section Leader – Oslo and London BP Ula Project CAD Model project, Instrument index set up, vendor liaison, calibration specifications and development of automatic calibration program.
Jun 1981 – Dec 1982 Designer/Inspector -Valhall project Oslo, Stavanger and Offshore Amoco Modification work, offshore inspections and as-builts.
Jun 1980 – Jun 1981 Squad Leader – Oslo BP Ula Project, set up drawing office standards.
Jun 1977 – Nov 1981 Instrument Draftsman
- Amoco Inde A – layout work
- Mesa Beatrice – layout work
- Mobil Statfjord A – modification work
- Amoco Valhall A – office start-up and relocation to Norway
1975 – 1977 Everett Medical Co., Junior Engineer – Machine design modifications and production line engineering for hypodermic needle production.
1973 – 1975 Tarmac Roadstone, Trainee Manager – Road manufacture machinery design and repair.
Other Courses attended
Domestic Energy Assessor 2007 (Emeritus)
RSA Word processing Level 1 1995
Administration and company management 1995
Industrial Rope Access IRATA 1992
Offshore Survival Courses E1, F-1
Offshore Fire fighting Courses (Nogepa)
PADI Diving Instructor (Emeritus)
Cave Leadership Certificate
RedR Environmental Training courses (4) for emergency action.
Other Work Experience
A variety of work from commissioning of Pre-Action Deluge systems to design and supply of communication systems, and material supply for confidential tunnel project in London. Training as a domestic energy assessor, discussions with Lancaster University on a carbon auditing programme, design of waste management equipment and consulting on environmental issues for waste contracts worldwide.
IVE was established in 1993 to offer environmental engineering solutions anywhere in the world.
Today the company works for prestigious clients, large and small, from a diversity of industries which choose IVE because of our reputation for innovation and success in achieving cost efficiency.
IVE is committed to helping industry and governments to become more cost effective whilst at the same time improving their carbon footprint.
Profitability, safety and environmental responsibility can go hand in hand when IVE solutions are implemented, with ‘zero waste to landfill’ becoming a reality not a pipe dream.
The company was the first environmental consultancy in the world to assist in achieving ISO14001 certification for a multi site construction phase project and pioneered a mobile Material Recycling Facility which allows complete segregation and recycling of waste onsite anywhere in the world.
Andy calls on a variety of experienced engineers and suppliers with expertise in providing equipment and services for environmental projects including emissions monitors, sewage systems, recycling facilities, water treatment plants and incinerators. A comprehensive understanding of the issues along with a vast library of codes and standards allows IVE to address problems in most areas of environmental work.